Friday 3 January 2020

Galactica Shuttle and StealthStar

A quick post to showcase the fist model of 2020 - the shuttle from Battlestar Galactica. Readers may remember that I got hold of a copy of the game from Ares via a friend at the Essen show in 2018 (I guess mien was one of the fist production sets in the UK :) ) Since then I've been expanding my selection of available ships with 3D prints from Thingiverse, as well as the official releases.

My first completed model for 2020 is the shuttle from the original series of BSG. Like a Volvo its boxy but its good. In this case the print was a pig, at least the aft hull was, due I think to some thin sections that screwed up the overall print. But since it took 9 hours to do I didn't fancy rerunning it - instead some filler was applied to seal the holes. This means the middle part of the model looks a little rough - or "hard worked and battle damaged, as I like to think. Either way, I was very pleased with the result.



At the end of 2019 I also finished a print of the StealthStar, a covert ops Viper from the new series. Again, quite pleased with the result. Both of these will give me some additional gaming options before Ares get around to more official releases.





2 comments:

  1. Very cool..like your panel effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Do you have the files to print that? it is amazing! Now Ares will not do this :(

    ReplyDelete