Wednesday 13 May 2020

Rules Conundrum Solved!

Regular readers will know that I've been at loggerheads with myself over which rules to use with my 15mm Winter Skirmish and 20mm Burma Skirmish collections. The answer hit me today when I remembered my old "FireForce" rules that I wrote over 20 years ago. Based on Martin Goddard's "Search and Destroy" Vietnam set, I had adapted them for use in post war African games. Looking at them just now it dawned on me that they would work fine for WW2 with a few tweaks. And that this would be ideal as I can have one core set of rules covering a range of periods and settings.

So I've set up an Eastern Front test game for tomorrow (chores tonight, plus sorting out a play sheet for the game). Fingers crossed it works!






1 comment:

  1. Interesting to see how you get on. Have you considered the Fivecore system? I think you could use No End in Sight with a few modifications.

    ReplyDelete