Saturday 1 January 2022

The Plan for 2022

 

The Plan for 2022

Hi everyone, and welcome to 2022! I hope its going to be a better year for everyone than the last two. This year I’m going to try to be a bot more realistic in my planning, so this is going to be a shorter list and in previous years.



Narrow Seas -  I will get the campaign system finished along with modules for the North Sea and the Channel. I will also aim to get at least one update of the Data Annex issued

Dahlgren and Columbiad – I will finish the Triple Alliance scenario pack, as well as an update to the ship data tables for the ACW (I’ve already added about 20 new ships but have others to stat up). I’ll also work up some more ACW ironclad and gunboat 3D models now that I have a decent system to do that.

“Bumper Boats” – a fun set of rules for ancient galley games to use with my 1/300(ish) galley models. This will just be a private project I think and not entirely serious.

 

And, at this stage, that is it.


I fully expect that unplanned stuff will crash in to the programme (as I start i'm setting up prints for a 1/100 Bedford portee for my hypothetical "British Intervention Field Force" - see much earlier posts, and  an Australian Centurion AVRE for Vietnam.....)_ , and may even become the main programme. I’ll also be putting together various scenarios and other bits and pieces for my existing rules, and I’m sure my 1/1200 Chinese ships will feature in there somewhere as MT’s models are released. So maybe some more medieval Asian naval action.

Oh, a couple more things. I seem to have become the lead Admin for the Naval Wargames (Historical) group on Facebook (I guess in these days of social media its a kind of successor to the Naval Wargames Society), which should be a fun "job". And I really want to get back into playing F2F games. I really don't like playing "miniatures" games using software. Hopefully covid will allow this to happen. I also have a small project for the 2022 Doncaster "Wings of Glory" weekend in September to finish - model aeroplanes are done so I need to finish the "terrain" and the rules variant for the game.  

5 comments:

  1. All good stuff! Looking forward to the D + G extra bits. Any chance of a campaign system for the Second Schleswig War 1864 for D + G? That would be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. Hope it survives contact with 2022. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are successful with getting back to F2F gaming. Some gaming time with friends is something I think we could all use.

    I'm looking forward to see your Narrow Seas and D&C projects.

    Best wishes for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to what you will be working on, and hope to visit more often. Also, thanks for taking up Admin duty at the Naval FB page, it's a dirty job but... I must get my 1/3000 pre-dreads painted up and on the table, and try your "Splendid Little War" rules out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More macro shots please good sir. I could sit all day just enjoying the details on all your minis ♡

    ReplyDelete