Thursday 6 June 2019

1/600 Romanians

Latest models off the stocks (or rather off the printer) are the core of my new Romanian flotilla in 1/600. An interesting mix of Vosper, BPB and MAS boats with a trio of MFPs in support. There are also three Kriegsfischkutter to complete the set (plus an extra one due to the arrangements I used when I was printing) plus a larger 1/300 "mother hen".







Also tucked in there are a couple of 1/300 MFPs, so far these are the largest 3D prints that I've attempted. I was most impressed with the skills of the modeller, the detail in the weapons is awesome (so good in fact that the 1/600 models have problems with the extremely fine barrels.



4 comments:

  1. The models look great. Being able to just print up the needed ships sounds pretty nice. It makes me want to buy a 3D printer (almost).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great models ... and a very compelling arguement for 3D printing. If only I had the money, the space, and the skill!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,
    Well done on the 3D Printer models- amazing results.
    I've left a message on a previous STINGRAY Post and am wondering if you'l be presenting more STINGRAY games soon- I like what you have done with STINGRAY. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete