Tuesday 1 January 2019

The Plan, 2019

Happy New Year dear friends, I hope you have all made plenty of New Year resolutions which of course you will all stick to. I have only one resolution - 1366 x 768 :)

Anyway, in time-honoured tradition, here are my plans for 2019 which I shall of course achieve fully, and will not get side-tracked by new periods, shiny things or other guff.

1.  Burma Skirmish and Eastern Front 15mm - I will finish off the USMC 20mm force, sort out a set of rules and then get some games in. as a stretch I'll sort out the extra Australian, Gurkha and Japanese troops I have uncovered

2. I will format and finish my WW2 squadron level naval rules and my WW2 coastal set, and at least get a working draft of my age-of-sail set completed.

3. "Action Stations" and "Iron and Fire" - I will complete a set of ship cards for both so that I can set up games from scratch more quickly

4. Stingray - as the NWS game for Salute this year I will renovate the game, add some new things I have been thinking about and generally get everything sorted for an excellent showing at ExCel

I'm only going for four main targets this year as I want to be able to focus. But I have a few "optional extras":

a) Sort out a 1/300 demo version of the new coastal rules. Nothing too fancy, just a few fast attack craft, gunboats and "targets"

b) Ensure that my elements of "project X" are up to scratch and ready to go once a suitable set of models are available

c) Review my 6mm "Fire and Fury" collection and get some games in. I shelled out for 2nd edition and the regimental rules last year, I damned well need to use them!

And finally, I promise I will try to get down to the club more often. And I'm hoping Alan will give me hell if I don't :0

Happy 2019 everyone

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you David,

    I'm looking forward to item #2 on your list (which is really multiple items) and still trying to figure out Project X.

    Good luck with getting out to the club more often. More game time is always good.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you, David :)

    Is Salute ready for the sight of the NWS wearing skimpy underwear whilst running the Stingray game? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    Will the thongs have a logo? Do they come in packs of three? I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year!
    We hope you will hit all your targets!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stingray style Hotpants are the ready!
    Muffintops anyone?

    ReplyDelete