Friday 6 October 2017

White Bear Red Sun

My latest publication, White Bear, Red Sun, landed at Wargame Vault this afternoonWBRS is a mini campaign covering the Russo Japanese War from the initial surprise attack on Port Arthur through to Tsushima and beyond. I'm quite pleased at how this one has turned out, after all its been about 20 years in the making!



Its based on an old series of articles and other material that I published in Battlefleet many years ago, but has been thoroughly updated and considerably added to over the years The main book comprises a brief history of the naval campaign, a set of  fast play pre-dreadnought rules (which may become available separately if there is interest in that), a self contained campaign system and a complete set of ship data for the rules allowing the campaign to be fought out over a weekend or a few club nights. As well as the main 48 page book in PDF format there are additional files with A4 and A3 versions of the campaign map, sea area control counters and ship record counters for both sides for use with the campaign system.

Depending on how these go I'll be starting work on a Spanish-American war version in the not too distant future (actually, who am I kidding, I've started already!)

 Wargame Vault Link

12 comments:

  1. This sounds excellent - I'll have a look at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought David - looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent- I'll order myself a copy.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bought and am looking it over, any chance getting more detailed counters? am also interested in the Spanish-American war version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keen to give these a go..looks and sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, sounds like an excellent offering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, sounds like an excellent offering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick head's up, but the full size preview at Wargame Vault isn't working. Even still, I bought the rules. They look pretty good. Looking forward to trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spanish-American campaign would be on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi David, I have posted 2 quick questions on WBRS on the rule's Wargames Vault page, if you could look at when you have time.

    ReplyDelete