Sunday 15 January 2017

Mad Max and the Thunder Boats From Hell

After thinking about this idea for a few months I decided today to crack on with my "Mad Max-esque variant on Dave Schueler's "ThunderBoats" hydroplane racing game. I've played the original for a while now and its a lovely game, but some of the locals at the BV club wanted something with more "risk" in it - by which of course they mean shooting.


So I'm working on an overlaying set of rules for various weapons such as rockets, mines, mortars and personal weapons with which boat drivers can do combat as they navigate around a course (I'm thinking "Death Race on Water" here), with a view to running this at the Naval Wargames Weekend in July, and maybe at Thornbury in August. And this morning saw me in the man cave knocking up the first batch of prototype boats. Still some way to go but I think thy are shaping up nicely....


3 comments:

  1. Nice work- I've yet to meet a racing game that can't be improved by adding guns.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun. On a maybe related note, is there perhaps a more recent version of Schnell Rules for Schnellboote? I have version 2.3 April 2008. I closed my yahoo account a little while ago and am not able to access the Narrow Seas group.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete