Thursday 1 January 2015

2015 - The Plan

Ok, so here we go, setting ourselves up for a fall in 364 days time :)



1) Project X - I will get phase 2 sorted out by the Summer.

2) Engage! - I'll renovate my FASA Star Trek fleets, sort out the various unpainted ships that I have to hand and will put together stat sheets for all the models.

3) FLoB - Yes, get those fleets renovated like I was supposed to do last year, and expand the 1/450 fleets for the Adriatic campaign (which means a few galleys needed)

4) Burma Skirmish - I've been picking up odd bits and pieces for this for some time. 20mm "retro" gaming, going back to my wargaming roots in the 1970s and 80s. I'll put together at least a platoon's worth of troops for each side (and possibly some US as well, especially if I can track down a 20mm LVT(A) somewhere)and get some games in. "Operation Warboard" likely to be the rules in use to complete the whole retro thing :)

5) Mad Max - Inspired by the new film coming out later this year I've always had a hankering to do some sort of "road warrior" gaming. I have an idea about some rules, and there are so many handy Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars that I think will be ideal for kitbashing.

6) BASF - Bolt Action Sci Fi. We've tried this a few times at BV. I have a pile of stuff to sort out for this. Fun to do.

As well as these major efforts there have been a few games I'd like to try out at Berkeley Vale. War Rocket being amongst the front runners.  I'll So we'll see if we can get the chaps at the club playing this a few times. Wings of Glory of course, and I supose the "7th Objective" will be the parti game I'm planning for the Naval Wargames Show in June (if I can find the models). And the elephant in the room is the Games Room - this will be the "big project" but is dependent on so many other things happening. However, the aim is to have the new gaming facility up and running by the end of the Summer. And if I can get a one day campaign in to inaugurate the new place then so much the better. Other things likely to distract me will probably include DBA, possibly resurrecting my Napoleonic fleet action rules and painting up more 28mm gunfighters (more for light relief than anything else).

Should be a fun year!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing stuff in due course, and a Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " I've always had a hankering to do some sort of "road warrior" gaming. "

    Machinas by Two Hour Wargames works well for this.

    ReplyDelete